Best Golf Courses in the attractions area
With its year-round warm climate and countless luxury hotel resorts in Central Florida, it’s no wonder that Orlando can tout itself as not only the No. 1 theme park destination in the world, but also one of the best cities in America for golfers. Not everyone comes to Florida to see Mickey Mouse – and even those who do sometimes take time out during their vacation to check out one of the spectacular courses in the area. While there are hundreds of courses to choose from, here is a highlight of some of the best golf courses in Central Florida.
- Shingle Creek Golf Club – Located in the International Drive area, Shingle Creek was designed by David Harman, who has worked on over 150 courses with legends such as Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Arnold Palmer. What makes this course even more impressive is the backdrop, as the course runs along a dense variety of oaks and pines while also bordering Shingle Creek, the headwaters to the Florida Everglades.
- Celebration Golf Club – Located in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Fla. (only a few miles from the Walt Disney World Resort), the Celebration Golf Club is as pristine as the community it lies in. Set along a series of beautiful lakes and natural terrain, this golf course has been home to such events as the 2002 U.S. Senior Open Qualifier and the 2004/05 Buick Scramble National Championships. The course, designed by the father-son duo of Robert Trent Jones Sr. and Jr., is rated 4 ½ stars in Golf Digest and is ranked as the 12th-best course in the State of Florida by Florida Golf News.
- ChampionsGate Golf Club – Boasting the highest course rating in the state of Florida at 76.3, the 36 championship holes at ChampionsGate were designed by renowned architect and golfer Greg Norman. This spectacular facility, just 15 minutes from the attractions area, is also home to the headquarters of the David Leadbetter Golf Academy. With International influences throughout, the ChampionsGate Golf Club offers golfers a blend of both modern and traditional elements to create a golf experience like no other in Central Florida!
- Falcon’s Fire Golf Club – Truly one of the areas top courses, Falcon’s Fire has become a beacon for tourists visiting the area because of its location (in nearby Kissimmee, Fla.) and reputation for being one of the best courses and facilities in the entire nation. With too many awards under its belt to name, this Rees Jones Signature Designed championship golf course has an exquisitely tended course and has established itself as one of the premier golf vacation destinations in the entire state.
- MetroWest Golf Club – Self proclaimed as the “best golf course in Orlando,” the MetroWest Golf Club backs up the statement with many awards, such as being named the No. 1 rated public golf course in Orlando by Orlando Magazine and having four stars from Golf Digest. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., this course, which features many water hazards among the rolling fairways, has been a Champions Tour and U.S. Open qualifying site for more than eight years and is a preferred partner of the Universal Orlando Resort as well.
- Remington Golf Club – If you are looking for a place to practice on a driving range, then the Remington Golf Club in Kissimmee, Fla., may be exactly what you are looking for. In addition to its expansive practice areas and a unique aqua driving range, the Remington Golf Club also offers “All U Can” pricing, which includes unlimited access to the practice facilities, the 18-hole golf course and all-you-can-eat in the Remington Bar and Grill!
While all of the above golf courses may seem like a good way to spend a day of your vacation, don’t forget that if you are staying on Disney property, your have championship golf right at your finger tips every day! The Walt Disney World Resort is home to five championship courses: Osprey Ridge, Lake Buena Vista, Palm, Magnolia and Oak Trail. GOLF Magazine endorsed the Walt Disney World Resort as one of the 25 best resorts in the nation for their courses, and Disney’s Osprey Ridge Golf Course was awarded the distinction of being named America’s Best Resort Course by Golfweek in 2006. Tee times for these courses can be booked for Walt Disney World Resort guests up to 90 days in advance, and all other guests can make reservations within 30 days by calling (407) WDW-GOLF. And while you are at Disney, don’t forget to enjoy the world-class theme parks that are just steps away from these immaculate courses! OrlandoFunTickets.com offers discounted theme park tickets to Disney, Universal, Sea World and all of the other top attractions in Central Florida! For the most fun you will ever have in Orlando on the golf course or in the theme parks, look no further – start your vacation planning now with OrlandoFunTickets.com!