Best places to propose at Walt Disney World
The Walt Disney World Resort may be known for its family-friendly and child-oriented values, but any adult who has visited Disney before can tell you that it is not only the happiest place on earth, but also one of the most romantic places anywhere (think Cinderella and Prince Charming)! In fact, Disney has always been a popular place for couples, offering wedding packages and hosting thousands of honeymooners each year. But, if you haven’t made it to the altar yet and would still like to make Disney a part of your engagement, there are literally hundreds of places around property that are perfect backdrops for proposals and are a great way for any Disney fan – or any romantic at heart – to start a life together.
With so many different places to “say yes” to, how do you go about picking just one? Below is a list of the most popular places to pop the big question, in no particular order. This is only the tip of the iceberg, however, as any place on Disney property is truly magical!
I personally have witnessed many proposals in front of Cinderella Castle, but what about proposing INSIDE the Disney centerpiece? At Cinderella’s Royal Table, proposals became so frequent that they added a special engagement package just for the occasion. Most of the proposals come near the end of dinner, when a glass slipper is delivered to the couple filled with a bed of rose petals – and the ring. This package also includes the meal for two, preferred seating in the restaurant and a personal photographer to capture the moment, among other things. To reserve this package, call (407) WDW-DINE.
- Another restaurant that is popular for proposals is the California Grill on top of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Not only is this restaurant one of the best in all of Orlando, it also boasts amazing views of the Magic Kingdom Park’s fireworks show at night, complete with the music being played over speakers out on the balconies. Whether you propose over dinner or during the fireworks, you will literally be on top of the world with this proposal!
- For an exclusive and different kind of evening meal, the Chef’s Table at Victoria & Albert’s is one of the hardest to come by and most unique dining experiences on property. This restaurant defines fine dining, and this experience is even more unique because your table is literally inside the kitchen, giving you an all-access pass to your own personal chef, maid and butler for the evening. A seven-course meal will delight your taste buds, while this exclusive area also gives guests the opportunity for privacy during their special time. But, there is only one seating at this table per evening, so reservations are understandably hard to come by. For your best chance at booking the perfect day, call (407) WDW-DINE exactly 180 days in advance (the earliest you can make priority reservations) of the day you would prefer at exactly 7 a.m. EST.
- The spas located across property are also extremely popular places for engagements. Nothing says “I love you” like a day of pampering – or even a couples massage! Disney’s Grand Floridian Spa even has a special couple’s room that you can book just for this occasion.
- Fireworks have always been a favorite among romantics throughout the years, so it is no surprise that many proposals take place each night at Walt Disney World as fireworks light up the sky above. Any of the nighttime shows at the Magic Kingdom Park (Wishes), Epcot (Illuminations) or Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic! – although it is the least romantic of the three) are perfect places to propose, and possibly the best thing about them is that the atmosphere is free! At the Magic Kingdom Park, the Rose Garden or anywhere in front of Cinderella Castle is a good bet, while anywhere around the World Showcase (especially the courtyards at the France and Italy pavilions) provides a picturesque setting for a late-night proposal.
- While the fireworks shows may be popular backdrops for engagements, you don’t have to propose inside a park to make the moment special. Disney also offers special fireworks cruises out on the Seven Seas Lagoon in front of the Magic Kingdom Park (they depart from any of the Magic Kingdom resorts), and you can also book a fireworks cruise to watch Illuminations from your own private boat as well. While this is an intimate cruise, please remember that there will be a Cast Member on board the boat with you to navigate your vessel. Or, if you would prefer to stay on land, the beaches at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Resort offer spectacular views of Wishes each evening. Hammocks and lounge chairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis, while Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian Resort, with a perfect view of the show, is about as perfect of a setting as you could wish for.
- If you want to save the romance for the wedding, some couples prefer a more action-packed proposal. Engagements are made all the time on attractions throughout the park, and you can get as creative as you like when planning one of these. If you significant other loves the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, how about purchasing one of the pirate’s treasure chests from the ride’s merchandise store and depositing the ring inside for a mid-ride proposal. Or, how can you say no when you are asked just as you are about to take the plunge on Splash Mountain (just hold on to the ring!)? If your significant other has a favorite attraction, this may be a memorable way to combine her favorite things – the ride and you!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is a romantic hotel for couples, as they offer rooms with a savannah view that are perfect for either waking up or going to bed while spotting exotic animals from your hotel balcony. A sunset dinner on the balcony or a sunrise breakfast are great settings for proposals – and what makes better witnesses than exotic wildlife?
- Finally, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Spa may be home to some of the most romantic restaurants on property, with each providing a great setting for a proposal. But, you can also reserve a private dinner at this resort for just the two of you. The meal will take place outside in the alcove area overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon, and you can order in food from any of the hotel’s posh restaurants for a more private proposal. Call (407) 824-2578 at least seven days in advance to book a private meal for you and your loved one.
Disney also has all kinds of services you can use to enhance your perfect proposal, including professional photographers and videographers (407-827-5099) who can capture your special moment and even an on-property florist (407-827-3505) who can arrange flowers and gift baskets for the occasion. Cast Members are also more than willing to help out with this special moment, so don’t be afraid to ask for help at your hotel Concierge (especially if you are staying at the Concierge level at one of the resorts). If you are planning a proposal over one of Disney’s full-service restaurants, it is imperative that you also inform them at the time that you are making the reservation so they can help you out as much as possible!
From all of us here at OrlandoFunTickets.com, we would like to wish you good luck! If you are planning a proposal at Walt Disney World in the near future, don’t forget to include us in your plans by purchasing discounted Disney tickets right here online! OrlandoFunTickets.com is your No. 1 online source for discounted Central Florida attraction tickets, so purchase your tickets here and save your money for other things… like the ring!