28 January 2015, 11:40 am
Epcot Flower Garden Festival 2015 Blooms with Fun
There aren’t too many seasons in Central Florida. It’s either hot or raining, and sometimes we get a good freeze. Because of Orlando’s warmer weather it’s often hard to know what season we’re really in but thankfully Walt Disney World reminds us every year with the gorgeous Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
Nothing says spring like blooming flowers and at this year’s Epcot international Flower & Garden Festival guests will experience over 100 topiaries, 70,000 bedding plants, 220 mini-gardens and much more! Plus, Epcot will be blooming with new topiaries as well as new entertainment, food and more. Here’s what you can look forward to when the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival springs into Epcot March 4 – May 17, 2015:
• Orlando may be heating up but things will stay cooler at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival when a new “Frozen” topiary comes to the festival. Royal sisters Anna and Elsa will be featured in a brand new topiary vignette that uses white and silver blooms of delphinium, alyssum and other floral varieties to bring Ann and Elsa’s icy world to life.
• This year Main Entrance display will welcome guests with a new display called “Goofy About Spring” featuring Goofy and friends and brand new topiaries of Chip and Dale.
• Fresh new menu items will debut at the festival’s Outdoor Kitchens, where visitors can enjoy spring-inspired tapas-sized food and beverages.
• In addition to the topiaries and flowers, ten new mini gardens will be featured throughout the festival including a “health garden,” pepper garden, dinosaur-plant garden and a Shakespeare garden at the United Kingdom pavilion. Each will tell a unique story.
• And speaking of storytelling, learn about the story of the Monarch butterfly’s journey across the continent and see butterflies emerge from their chrysalises at Tinker Bell’s Butterfly house.
• A new concert series will entertain every Friday, Saturday & Sunday night with performances by Gin Blossoms, Pablo Cruise, Village People and a lineup of other top bands representing four decades of music.
• Guests will also be able to learn how to garden during weekend how-to Gardening Seminars by Disney gardeners.
• As the sun goes down, the flowers light up thanks to illuminated topiary and gardens displays in a new after-dark experience.
Stay tuned for more details on the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. In the meantime you can enjoy Epcot as is with discounted Walt Disney World tickets right here on Orlando Fun Tickets.
26 January 2015, 11:11 am
Inside Twister Ride It Out at Universal Orlando
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be caught inside an actual tornado? Ever since the hit 1996 movie “Twister” tore its way onto the big screen, there has been a fascination with wanting to know just how wild, windy and utterly terrifying it would be to be whisked up into the air in one of those massive weather disasters. Well, thanks to the hit ride Twister…Ride It Out at Universal Orlando you can experience just what it might feel like, but beware, the result is terrifying!
The twister fun all begins during a pre-show that includes many of the clips from the film’s action sequences, interviews with the stars of the show Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton, and real-life footage showing the aftermath of a devastating tornado.
From the pre-show you will enjoy a walk-through special effects show that replicates a tornado ripping through a drive-in theater. Guests will stand on the far-edge of a soundstage, in between a gas station and a restaurant and wait for the tornado to rip through. At first it doesn’t seem like a tornado is about to disrupt the beautiful summer day but suddenly a storm forms and quickly gains strength and speed as it makes its way towards the audience. The next thing you know winds are starting to rattle the buildings and the rain has begun to pound down. You’re suddenly in the middle of a full on tornado with nothing to do but ride the nasty storm out and hope you survive!
Universal has done an incredible job of creating a life-like tornado inside of this soundstage. Combining a five-story-tall simulated tornado with explosions and a short floor drop with the pounding rain and freight-train sound, this walk-through show is extremely intense so we suggest being cautious with children. Thrill seekers and tornado enthusiasts, however will love holding on for dear life as this beast of a storm rips through the soundstage and finally gives guests the opportunity to see what it feels like to be inside a twister.
Twister…Ride It Out has been thrilling guests since it replaces Ghostbusters Spectacular in May 1997. Today, the show is still one of the more popular ones at the theme park and with little wait times and an air-conditioning inside that gives guests a break from the often hot temps in Orlando it is certainly one you don’t want to miss! As always you can find discounted Universal Orlando tickets right here on Orlando Fun Tickets.
23 January 2015, 12:26 pm
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Now Has Ride Video Available
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the new Fantasyland in Disney’s Magic Kingdom has been turning heads since it opened last summer. It was the final ride to finish off the Fantasyland expansion and the first that offered a new ride vehicle featuring tilting mine carts that simulate the swaying and tipping of an actual mine cart. It is also both family-friendly and a roller coaster, meaning kids and adults of all ages will love taking a trip through “a mine where a thousands diamonds shine.” But that’s not all, this past September, the ride installed a new “gem” that let’s guests take home a piece of the ride.
You heard right! You can actually take a piece of The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train home with you after your ride. How? The attraction is now offering a video memento showing your experience on the new attraction. Now when you ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with a MagicBand and a linked Memory Maker (the photo option that allows you to capture pictures of your family taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers throughout Walt Disney World) entitlement you will be able to get instant access to both your on-ride photo and the new video via your Disney PhotoPass account.
The video will capture your experience as you are whisked across stone bridges, through diamond pass and into the forest to the Dwarfs’ cottage. There are two cameras set up on the ride. The first picture is taken when you are coming out of the dark portion of the ride into a drop. The second is taken later in this same drop, as you’re moving towards the end of the ride.
Once you receive your photo and video via your account you will be able to download and share with others who also rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train while wearing a MagicBand.
While the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train video capabilities are currently capturing all of the attention at Walt Disney World, it wasn’t the first ride to offer this magic. The scream-induced thrill ride, Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been capturing the horror on guest’s faces as they drop 13 stories to the bottom since August!
To bring a piece of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train home with you make sure you have a MagicBand and Memory Maker as well as a discounted ticket, which you can find right here on Orlando Fun tickets.