31 July 2015, 2:01 pm
Top Things to Do At Universal Orlando When It Rains
Don’t let a little rain stop you from enjoying all of the thrills at Universal Orlando Resort. Even as the rain comes down there are still plenty of rides, shows and attractions to experience at the Orlando theme park. In fact, the rain is a great excuse to finally do some of these things. Here are the top 5 ways to stay dry at Universal Orlando:
1. Diagon Alley – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios may technically be outside, but there is a large enough roof covering it, making it a great spot for rain. While you wait out the storm check out Knockturn Alley and all of its creepy spells. Or go inside Gringotts Bank and come face-to-face with animatronic goblins. You can always go shopping at one of Diagon Alley’s many shops including Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, Ollivander’s Wand Shop and Borgin and Burkes.
2. Shows – You can never go wrong with one of Universal’s shows, especially when it’s raining. Enjoy the stunt show of epic proportions and watch as Sinbad rescues the beautiful Princess Amoura in The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad. If you have little kids in your party head over to see A Day in the Park With Barney and let them sing-along to their favorite Barney songs. Fear Factor Live lets you perform gravity-defying stunts as you compete against other audience members. Terminator 2: 3D will take you on an epic battle where you’ll help defeat the cyborgs. If the rain comes at night you can always get tickets to the wild show Blue Man Group.
3. CityWalk Restaurants – Universal has recently revamped CityWalk, and the entertainment district now offers tons of new and family-friendly restaurants to hang out in as the rain comes down. Some of our favorites include Margaritaville where kids will get a balloon, Antojitos where the kids can make a Mexican Mask, and Cowfish, the first and only Sushi Burger Bar where the entire family can play fun digital fish games.
4. Indoor Attractions – A sure fire way to beat the rain is to head indoors, and luckily Universal Orlando has plenty of indoor attractions to keep you both dry and entertained. Take refuge at Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers: The Ride 3D, Men in Black Alien Attack, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Cat in the Hat, E.T. Adventure, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
5. Take a Ride on the Hogwarts Express – If you have a multi-park Universal Orlando ticket make sure you grab a train ride on the Hogwarts Express. If you’re in Diagon Alley, you’ll pass through 9 ¾ and board the train from King’s Cross Station in London and head to Hogsmeade station in Islands of Adventure. While you ride along take in the beautiful London countryside and experience some of the famous moments from Harry Potter like when the Dementors invade the train and other characters from the film series.
29 July 2015, 2:40 pm
Emmy Awardwinning Show The Chew Tapes at Disney Oct 7 through 9
Walt Disney World’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has always welcomed world-renowned chefs to their annual culinary event. But never before has an Emmy Award-winning show like The Chew and its hosts come together for a special Food and Wine Festival event!
The Chew will tape episodes on location at the foodie event on October 7, 8 and 9. Shows will be taped in front of a live audience. The Chew’s hosts including Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz will be on hand to discuss all things food and wine, including segments from all over Walt Disney World. They will also be contributing their own mouthwatering recipes to the official festival cookbook and marketplaces. Fans will be able to watch the episodes October 12-16.
“We are beyond excited to be invited to celebrate such an important food event,” said Gordon Elliott, executive producer of “The Chew” in a statement. “What a great way to kick off our fifth season. We are planning a terrific series of shows for our viewers and live audience that will use every available piece of magic the park and our show can muster. Stay tuned!” he added.
In addition to the taping, there will be two new Festival Marketplaces from The Chew including Sustainable Chew and Chew Lab. Sustainable Chew is an eco-home inspired marketplace serving up delicious and sustainable fare as well as educating guests on how to keep up with the environment. The menu at Sustainable Chew will include pork spareribs with red wine and fennel with cheesy mascarpone grits and ricotta & zucchini ravioli with tomato sauce or vanilla panna cotta with fresh figs and pistachio brittle.
The Chew Lab brings together the best culinary technology to create new flavors you won’t believe. Both new marketplaces are the first ever Future World Marketplace booths!
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs September 25 through November 16. Stay tuned to OrlandoFunTickets.com for more details.
27 July 2015, 2:48 pm
Become Elsa and Anna at Disneys New Ice Palace Boutique
It’s Coronation Day at Walt Disney World! The Orlando theme park is now welcoming the youngest princesses to undergo a “Frozen” transformation at the new Ice Palace Boutique at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Princess transformations aren’t a new thing at Walt Disney World. In fact, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has been turning princes and princesses into their favorite Disney characters for years. But the Ice Palace Boutique takes the transformation one step further with fun for the entire family! Members of the party are able to enjoy the exclusive Ice Palace Café, where there are frozen-themed snacks. Guests also get seating for one showing of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Hyperion Theater.
There are three different packages to choose from including:
• Frozen Summer Fun Boutique Package – Enjoy Anna or Elsa-inspired shimmering makeup palette, face gems, nail polish, a braided hair piece with sparkling snowflake accessory and an exclusive photo opportunity. Package retail: $75, includes tax.
• Ice Palace Boutique Package – This package includes everything in the Frozen Summer Fun Boutique Package, plus access to the Ice Palace Café and reserved seating at one of the “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” shows. Package retail: $175, includes tax.
• Ice Palace Boutique Deluxe Package – Add on an Anna or Elsa costume to the Ice Palace Boutique Package for this magical package. Package retail: $240, includes tax.
The Ice Palace Boutique isn’t just for princesses either. The boys in the family can take part in an Olaf-inspired package that includes a glitter hairstyle and Olaf tee-shirt.
It is all a part of Hollywood Studios’ Frozen Summer Fun event, a frosty celebration that includes visits from Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, and everybody’s favorite snowman, Olaf. The “Frozen” event also includes spectacular fireworks, a cool dance party and the “Frozen Fever” short film.
Reservations for the Ice Palace Boutique can be made now. The boutique will be open now through the end of the Frozen Summer Fun event, which ends September 7.