Romantic spots in Orlando
Looking for a great spot to take a date in the Orlando area? How about a nice option for an adult’s night out on your vacation? Central Florida may be known for its kid and family-oriented atmosphere, but there plenty of places in and around Orlando that conjure up nothing but pure romance. So whether you are in the area for a honeymoon or just on a romantic weekend getaway, nothing says love quite like a trip to any of these following locations!
- Lake Eola in downtown Orlando: Lake Eola Park, located on Rosalind Ave., is home to many afternoon picnics and strolls from locals. Here, you can rent a swan boat and spend some quality time on the water or take a romantic stroll overlooking the massive fountain that is illuminated each night for onlookers. Lake Eola Park is also home to playgrounds for children, an amphitheatre that hosts plays, and there are many restaurants overlooking the lake that would complete any afternoon or evening at the park.
- Park Avenue in Winter Park: Located just a few miles north of downtown, Park Avenue is the perfect place to shop, eat, taste wine and take in a visit to a museum. Home to just as many chic small shops as upscale clothing and retail stores, any avid shopper could find something for them during a stroll down the street. And, with its many sidewalk open-air cafes and bistros, you will often think that you are in another world when you are in fact just a short 20-mile drive from Mickey Mouse.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens: Open daily from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., this 50-acre estate is home to the Harry P. Leu, one of Orlando’s original entrepreneurs. On these grounds are century-old houses, hiking trails, a lake with a private dock and award-winning botanical gardens, all of which are the perfect backdrop for a romantic date like no other in the area.
- Discovery Cove: This intimate park is unique in many ways – while you will share your day with dolphins, stingrays and exotic fish, you won’t share your day with too many other tourists. This reservations-only park that is affiliated with Sea World has all the makings of romanticism: water, white sandy beaches, plenty of sunshine and upscale, all-you-can-eat restaurants that are included with park admission. The best part about it all is that this private oasis is only seen by 1,000 guests per day, a small fraction of what the other parks feature on a day-to-day basis.
- Disney Resorts: Of course, no romantic guide to Orlando would be complete without a mention of the beautiful Walt Disney World Resorts. Each of the Disney hotels can be romantic in their own way with Disney’s charm, but the deluxe resorts on property channel romance at every knook and cranny. These resorts also feature award-winning spas and some of the most romantic restaurants in all of Orlando, from Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to the California Grill on the top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which offers spectacular views of the Magic Kingdom Park and especially of its nighttime fireworks show, Wishes.
- Disney Parks: Speaking of the Magic Kingdom Park, the four Walt Disney World theme parks are full of some of the most romantic places anywhere. On top of the pixie dust and fairytales of princesses and princes, these parks also offer guests the opportunity to get away from the stresses of their normal lives and be transported to a place where dreams do come true. Epcot may be the most romantic and adult-friendly park there is, with a World Showcase full of culture and restaurants from around the world. And don’t leave the parks early, as each nighttime spectacular at Disney is the perfect romantic ending to any fairytale day at the Walt Disney World Resort.
If you are planning making Disney part of your romantic destination plans, be sure to allow us here at OrlandoFunTickets.com the opportunity to help you plan the most romantic day possible – and save money while doing it! We are your No. 1 online source for all of the top attractions in Central Florida, from Disney to Universal, Sea World and other top local attractions. With all of the money you can save on our discounted theme park tickets, you just may be able to add some roses right along with your perfect date, so click here to get started now!