If you’re a Disney ® fan you already know that 2013 will be a huge year for Walt Disney World ® as the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom ® history, the new Fantasyland debuts. And last month in the middle of Times Square, Disney announced they are adding one more experience to get excited about, “Limited Time Magic.” The new program will feature unexpected magical experiences 52 weeks of the year.
Beginning in January 2013, each week at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World ® will be highlighted by a different surprise or guest for a one-week-only engagement. The weekly surprise will include impromptu concerts, dance parties, character meet-and-greets, new menu and merchandise items and much more. Once the week is up, the experience will disappear, making way for the next week’s Limited Time Magic fun.
So that guests know what is going on each week, Disney ® will use Twitter, blogs, websites and other online media to inform you of what kind of magic they plan on exposing each week.
Disney ® hasn’t revealed all 52 plans yet, but has given us something to look forward too including:
• True Love Week - Held throughout Valentine's Week, True Love Week will join Disney ® Princes with their Princesses for a special meet-and-greet in special settings. Prix fixe menus will also be available at select restaurants and Valentine's collectibles will be offered throughout the week.
• Independence Week - Held for the entire week throughout Independence Day, Disney Parks will celebrate America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party. A patriotic Mickey Mouse will make appearances and special USA shirts, ear hats and other limited-edition souvenirs will be available for purchase.
• Long Lost Friends Week – This week will bring many of Disney’s ® lesser-known characters to the spotlight for meet-and-greets. Guests will be able to take photos with Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
• Pirate Week –Pirate Week brings the adventures of Jack Sparrow to life like never before during a buccaneer bash at Walt Disney World's ® pirate-palooza that includes pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
• Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands - The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Magic Kingdom's ® Main Street U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show by delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
• Unleash the Villains - In Sept. 2013, celebrate Friday the 13th with Disney's ® villains including Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and others as they host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime fun. Hollywood Studios ® will stay open until the 13th hour that week.You can expect new experiences to hit the parks in the New Year.