“We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was, and always will be.”
Guests are welcomed to the new projection show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Movie Magic, with those words from Walt Disney himself, as the creator of the Disney empire opens the newest nighttime show offered at the Walt Disney World Resort. This new entertainment option, which takes place each night before the Star Wars – A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show, lasts 10 minutes and is the first stand-alone projection show at the park.
Disney Movie Magic is projected onto the park’s icon, the Chinese Theater, and the surrounding buildings. Let’s take a closer look at some of the best scenes and famous movie lines you will find in this new entertainment offering:
- The first major scene is from Disney’s recent live-action release of “Beauty and the Beast,” with scenes of Belle and the Beast dancing and Lumiere “proudly presenting your dinner.” Another recent live-action re-make, “The Jungle Book” is also featured near the beginning (as is “Mary Poppins”) before Captain Jack Sparrow takes over the Chinese Theater with everyone’s favorite scenes from “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- “Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?” With an attraction of the same name not too far from this projection show, it’s no surprise that Indiana Jones has a dedicated spot in Disney Movie Magic, which starts with this famous line from the movie.
- Disney transitions once again from an older classic to a newer movie, “Guardians of the Galaxy,” with an upbeat number featuring everyone’s favorite fictional superhero, Groot.
- The show goes from having dedicated segments to showing a montage of movie moments, with famous lines from Disney movies, beginning with Tom Hanks’ line as Walt Disney in “Saving Mr. Banks,” when he says: “That’s what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again.”
- The show ends with the classic scene that is shown at the beginning of all Walt Disney Pictures movies – the shooting star over Cinderella Castle at dusk.
Projection shows were designed to be a precursor to the fireworks shows at Disney, but they have become popular in and of themselves. The next time you’re at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, give yourself plenty of time to get in place for a great view of the Chinese Theater before this new projection show begins. And stay tuned to OrlandoFunTickets.com for your top tips and the latest happenings around the Walt Disney World Resort.