The unique doughnut shop, Voodoo Doughnut, will soon open at Universal CityWalk. Doughnut lovers can satisfy their cravings with some unique flavors at the area’s newest treat location including Maple Bacon, Grape and Captain Crunch. Here are the top 5 doughnuts to sink your teeth into at Voodoo Doughnut:
1. Voodoo Doll - You can’t be called Voodoo Doughnut without having a Voodoo doughnut. The Voodoo Doll doughnut was thought of well before the first Voodoo Doughnut shop opened, but it took a while to find the right “doll pin.” After discovering the pretzel was a perfect “fit” the rest was history. This fun doughnut is filled with raspberry jelly, covered in chocolate frosting and topped with a pretzel stake. Oh, and it looks like a tortured doll who was just stuck in the chest with a pin.
2. Portland Cream - The Portland Cream is one of the first doughnuts Voodoo Doughnut ever created. A tribute to the city of Portland, this tasty treat is filled with Bavarian cream and topped with chocolate and two frosting eyeballs.
3. Grape Ape - A fan favorite, the Grape Ape is a vanilla frosted doughnut with grape dust and lavender sprinkles. This is such a favorite amongst guests, a few have even gotten tattoos of the purple delight.
4. Bacon Maple Bar - Bacon doughnuts are all the rage these days and why wouldn’t they be? Everybody’s favorite sugary breakfast treat topped with everybody’s favorite savory breakfast meat. It’s a perfect combo and Voodoo’s Maple Bacon doughnut will satisfy every craving with maple frosting and bacon on top of a massive doughnut.
5. Oh Captain, My Captain - If you just can’t get enough cereal in the morning, try the Oh Captain, My Captain. This doughnut is covered with vanilla frosting and sweet breakfast cereal with a fruity twist.
These are just the top 5 most popular doughnuts at Voodoo Doughnut, but there are several more to choose from. In fact, 50 total to be exact. Other tasty doughnuts worth mentioning include Neapolitan, Dirt, Triple Chocolate and Memphis Mafia.
For a taste of any of these doughnuts and more check out Voodoo Doughnut at Universal’s CityWalk.