Don’t let a little rain stop you from enjoying all of the thrills at Universal Orlando Resort. Even as the rain comes down there are still plenty of rides, shows and attractions to experience at the Orlando theme park. In fact, the rain is a great excuse to finally do some of these things. Here are the top 5 ways to stay dry at Universal Orlando:
1. Diagon Alley – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios may technically be outside, but there is a large enough roof covering it, making it a great spot for rain. While you wait out the storm check out Knockturn Alley and all of its creepy spells. Or go inside Gringotts Bank and come face-to-face with animatronic goblins. You can always go shopping at one of Diagon Alley’s many shops including Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, Ollivander’s Wand Shop and Borgin and Burkes.
2. Shows – You can never go wrong with one of Universal’s shows, especially when it’s raining. Enjoy the stunt show of epic proportions and watch as Sinbad rescues the beautiful Princess Amoura in The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad. If you have little kids in your party head over to see A Day in the Park With Barney and let them sing-along to their favorite Barney songs. Fear Factor Live lets you perform gravity-defying stunts as you compete against other audience members. Terminator 2: 3D will take you on an epic battle where you’ll help defeat the cyborgs. If the rain comes at night you can always get tickets to the wild show Blue Man Group.
3. CityWalk Restaurants – Universal has recently revamped CityWalk, and the entertainment district now offers tons of new and family-friendly restaurants to hang out in as the rain comes down. Some of our favorites include Margaritaville where kids will get a balloon, Antojitos where the kids can make a Mexican Mask, and Cowfish, the first and only Sushi Burger Bar where the entire family can play fun digital fish games.
4. Indoor Attractions – A sure fire way to beat the rain is to head indoors, and luckily Universal Orlando has plenty of indoor attractions to keep you both dry and entertained. Take refuge at Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers: The Ride 3D, Men in Black Alien Attack, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Cat in the Hat, E.T. Adventure, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
5. Take a Ride on the Hogwarts Express – If you have a multi-park Universal Orlando ticket make sure you grab a train ride on the Hogwarts Express. If you’re in Diagon Alley, you’ll pass through 9 ¾ and board the train from King’s Cross Station in London and head to Hogsmeade station in Islands of Adventure. While you ride along take in the beautiful London countryside and experience some of the famous moments from Harry Potter like when the Dementors invade the train and other characters from the film series.